7.02.2007

Soda Free Week

For all you who've been encouraging me to back off the Dr. Pepper, you'll be very pleased to hear that I am fasting from ANY and ALL soda this week. Saturday night at church, our pastor encouraged the congregation to pray about fasting this week. He said whether it was a specific meal or a specific item, he felt led to mention this. It didn't take very long at all for me to sense that God wanted me to STEP AWAY FROM THE DR. PEPPER. While I do have a pretty major DP addiction, it goes beyond that to soda in general. If I cannot have DP, I'll search out some secondary substitute.



So today when I WASN'T having Dr. Pepper, I was praying. Whenever I THINK about Dr. Pepper I stop and pray. Then I drink something else - water, lemonade, milk, iced tea, etc.

I know that I fall short in praying continually, yet I know that is what God calls me to do. I suspect this may be a good start, though. I think quite a bit about Dr. Pepper, so if I turn to God in those moments, my prayer life will definitely increase.

Rejoice always;
Pray without ceasing;
Give thanks in all things; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

2 Thess 5:16-18

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...