4.20.2007

For Further Thought?

On the radio yesterday, I heard a little clip by Randy Alcorn about being in heaven. He said that because we will never be omniscient, we will never know everything; that we will continually learn from God, even in heaven throughout all eternity. This was something I'd never thought about before. I think a lot of believers have the idea that we'll have complete knowledge in heaven. Am I one of them? Again, it's just not something I've spent much time contemplating.

I'm not saying that I'm on one side or the other. This is just something to file away for further thought, research, etc. - IF God prompts me to do so. Is it vital to my salvation? No. Will it affect my daily life? Probably not. But it was something that made me say, "Hmmmm . . . "

I'm not at all familiar with Randy Alcorn's writings, theology, or anything else. All I can say is that I've seen his name and I know he's an author. So at this point, I'm completely neutral as far as the author of this thought.

If you have any thoughts on this, feel free to comment. Especially if you have scripture that supports your thoughts. Scripture is the only thing that gives credence to anything we may think.

2 comments:

Sprittibee said...

1 Corinthians 13:12 - Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Job 19:25 - I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

Psalm 4:3 - Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself; the LORD will hear when I call to him.

Isaiah 32:4 - The mind of the rash will know and understand, and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear.

Isaiah 46:10 - I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

Jeremiah 24:7 - I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Jeremiah 33:3 - 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Ezekiel 38:23 - And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

Matthew 10:26 - So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Proverbs 2:6 - For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Jeremiah 23:20 - The anger of the LORD will not turn back until he fully accomplishes the purposes of his heart. In days to come you will understand it clearly.

Luke 24:45 - Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

John 13:7 - Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

1 John 5:20 - We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

:)

I couldn't find the one I was looking for... but if I do, I'll send it. In the mean time, here are a few that I found instead. :) I think it is all irrelevant what we will "KNOW" when we get to heaven. :) It sure beats hell!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Thanks, Heather, for the verses. I agree, it's not particularly relevant and it certainly beats the alternative. It just sort of caught me when I heard it, so I paused and pondered (momentarily, anyway).

I think all that matters is knowing God here and now, seeking to know Him more, and trusting Him here and in whatever He holds in heaven. If He wanted us to know more about heaven, He'd have told us in His word.

I hope you find the other verse too.

Blessings :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...