12.06.2010

Rut Repair

The Answer?

Gratitude.

It's really the answer to many things: boredom, grumpiness, discontent, being in a funk, feeling overwhelmed, fragmented living, and more.

I began a tiny journal for a place to jot down the things for which I am grateful. Things I could include in this list I'm sporadically attempting to keep on my blog. Perhaps I should make more use of it.

23. ClayGuy's interest in driving

24. the shelter of our home

25. ability to turn the heat on when it's cold

26. The Comedian getting himself up at a decent time

27. our electric blanket

28. this Francis Chan interview

29. a borrowed monitor

30. my robe; threadbare, 17 years old, wearing away, but it keeps me warm

robe

robe sleeve

31. iced vanilla chai latte

chai and clay

32. freedom to homeschool

33. winning a $50 gift certificate for Lisa Leonard jewelry. I LOVE her work.

34. reading books on the iPod Touch

ipod book


5 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

I'm smiling. Love this (especially after the Rut post)

Did you get the ebook version of Ann's book for review? If not, let me know and I'll give you the link. I think you'll enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning the Lisa Leonard gift card, way cool!!! Yes, I agree, gratitude is the perfect combatant to being in a rut. Great post!

Anonymous said...

We have much to be thankful for.
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I love Chai tea but it makes my heart race. I miss the Chocolate Truffle! My robe is aboiut 16 years old! I cannot ever imagine finding one I like better! I love your grateful list! Makes me feel better, too!

carmilevy said...

I'm debating whether I should get a touch or wait for the iPad to get its update - which will in all likelihood include the camera and upgraded screen.

Decisions, decisions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...