4.09.2009

BORing

Isn't it funny how we can like something for a time and then suddenly are bored with it? Or maybe that's just me.

I really love my blog design - especially cause I did it almost entirely by myself. But now I want something else. Problem is that I don't even know WHAT I want. At all. Not colors, not style, not anything. Bah!

Sadly, this type of thing becomes consuming for me and I do stupid things. Like stay up until after midnight obsessing looking at blog designs, instead of getting the sleep I need. And what then? Do I look for a freebie, tweak my own (which is what I did here), or pay someone to do it for me?

Maybe I'll just change my colors. Maybe green and plum. Tidy up my sidebar. Throw in a 3rd column...or not, cause I wouldn't even know where to begin. It'll be kind of like a fresh coat of paint.

So, what do you all think about colors? I mean colors for my blog? Throw out some combinations. Include links if you have any. I'm up for something funky, fresh, and new.




The photo has nothing to do with the post. Just something I was playing with.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I struggle with this same sort of thing throughout the year. Fall and Spring are often my times of tweaking. I always go through the same choices: free, pay, tweak, who knows?! I, too, spend hours, which I feel are totally wasting time, and get nowhere! I'll probably be doing the same with my own blog here pretty soon....something more summery :) Can't wait to see what you come up with! I will say, I do love your color combos right now, but that's not what you want to hear, is it? hee hee

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I get bored quickly. I'm bored with my homeschoolblogger blog backgrounds but haven't had the time to make my own or look for new ones.
I have another site that I need to change, too.
I usually like to make my own.

How about vibrant spring colors. Yellows, blues, purples, greens?

Dianna

Rachael said...

I get bored with everything. I have it in my head that there is this PERFECT design for my blog out there, and I know what it looks like, but haven't got the ability to design it myself. Oh well!

BK said...

Have fun doing it. For colors, my first priority is always the readers. The colors have to be soothing to the eyes; I don't want to stress the readers' eyes too much when they are reading it.

Thank you for letting me know about the camera trick on how you can make someone looks 'invisible.' :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...