12.02.2008

What's Happening Here

I suppose there are other bloggers who fall into this mode of not posting. It's not for a lack of wanting to. I'm not even sure it's a lack of time. I think it's more a lack of focus. As much as I love Twitter, it is a big old distraction. But in addition to keeping up with tweets, I click on links from Twitter . . . and I'm off and running on umpteen other bunny trails, none of which is my blog (or my photo blog).

We've also been gone a lot. Things for the house, things for Christmas. This time of year already has the propensity to be busy, but adding in the new home has given us additional errands and shopping trips. Particularly to Home Depot. And I still need some curtains. I'm finding a lot of stores carry only full-length curtains and thin kitchen curtains. I need them for two windows; both are 36" high and one is 7' wide, the other 6'. I don't want to pay a fortune, but I also want something decent and a bit heavy/insulated. It gets cold here in the winter and anything we can do to help save on our utilities is a plus.

There are some good things on the schedule this week. A warm and wonderful massage. Meeting a friend at Starbucks to visit. Tickets to see Trans Siberian Orchestra.

One other dilemma. I can't locate my December planner pages for my Franklin. This isn't a good time of year to be disorganized. I also need to make a decision about next year's calendar/organizing system. While I try other methods, my trusty Franklin is what I always return to. If that's the plan, I need to get next year's pages. That means a trip to Park Meadows Mall. And, of course, Rubio's for the best fish tacos ever. Maybe I need those pages very soon. Like today. Ha! Ha!

Well, I'm off. Things to do, places to go. Catch ya' later!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love kitties!

& Trans Siberian Orchestra...sigh
Carol of the Bells :)

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

I have a little one that looks a little like this. I love this picture.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat with the not updating often. I think it's got more to do with the stress of the holidays and what not.

as for curtains - do you have a sewing machine? you could always buy the floor length ones and hem them to the length you need. I made curtains for my son's room when we moved in, and I'm not good at sewing. My mistake - I didn't make them long enough to cover the window sill. When I hemmed up the curtain for the office, I didn't make the same mistake. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, and yes about Twitter.... One word works: IGNORE. I end up with 350+ tweets that I scroll down part-way. Right now there are 379. Nope, I don't have time. I am checking email and would much rather comment my friends! :LOL:

Very sweet picture. Our cat cracks me up. Right now, she is asleep in a box of books, under a lamp. Cozy.

Curtains... can you make some? They aren't really so hard to make. Just a thought, since, who wants to pay an arm and a leg?
Lorraine had a good idea, to just hem up some longer ones.
I hate it now that we are keeping the curtains closed most days to keep out the cold. :(

Speaking of keeping out the cold, Jocelyn made a cute door warmer. It took her all of a half an hour. http://www.growingingraceonline.com/2008/11/portfolio-de-couturier-door-warmer.html

Take care Sweetie. I hope you find or get a Dec organizer. Is there ever a time to not be organized? It kinda' takes the edge off the continous chaos that is life! :P" hahaa

(((HUGS)))
~J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...