6.13.2008

Friday's Feast #193

Appetizer

Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

Yes.


Soup

What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

It's really a mood thing. Most likely blue, purple, or black. In that order. Occasionally pink or green, maybe red. But mostly my three go-to colors. And more specifically - I'm a fine point kind of gal. Mostly. I'm really ticked off at the pen manufacturers, however, for packaging medium point pens and promoting them as fine point. NO. THEY. ARE. NOT. 0.7 is medium, not fine. 1.0 is not medium - it's big, thick, and fat! 0.5 is fine. 0.3 is extra fine. How hard is that to understand?

Isn't that just like our society? Change the name for the appeasement of . . . I don't know who, in this case. It's just stupid. What the does the pen industry have against lovers of fine-tipped pens? Don't they know that we have a thing for pens and we help keep them afloat? And why don't they call me and invite me to be on a consumer panel? Then I could tell them the right way to package and market their pens.


Salad

How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

Okay, off the soap box. I do this myself. If I do it at all. I'm too cheap to pay someone for something I can do myself. And I don't want to take the time. Although they do a much nicer job than I do. I hardly ever wear fingernail polish anymore. I just do my toes in the summer to sort of camouflage my fairly ugly feet. Maybe "ugly" is too strong a word, but I definitely do NOT have pretty and lovely feet that look nice in sandals. So I disguise them with bright polish. Then you can overlook their lack of beauty.


Main Course

Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

Why, yes, I have! All in blogland. At least three books, a $25 gift card, a Shane & Shane CD. That's all that comes to mind at the moment. If I left something off, I am ever so sorry.


Dessert

In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?

The family desktop resides in our living room. We are adamant about the computer being in a public, visible location. The laptop hangs out wherever - the kitchen, living room, or bedroom. But that's under adult (or cat) supervision.


3 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Boy never know what one can learn at blogs.
I never knew about pens and what the different numbers meant.

Mine is up.

carrie said...

Hey, is that my blog you were looking at? Pre-makeover??

I love (or lurve) those fine tipped pens you sent me. I must be a fine tip pen kinda girl also.

cool meal.

Suzanne said...

Appetizer: optimist
Soup: Purple fountain pen (gel works in a pinch)
Salad: Depends on the season, in the summer monthly
Main Course: nothing
Dessert: In my family room, a laptop in my easy chair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...