12.07.2009

ROTFL

Okay, not quite on the floor, but I nearly fell off my chair. Here I sit (and I use that term loosely), wishing I had something to write on my blog. I really, really HATE posting nothing except Wordless Wednesday once a week. I mean, gee whiz, there are zillions of words and thoughts flying around my colander brain every single day, yet none of them escape onto the pages of my blog. And it's been bugging me a lot.

And then I read Heather's post today about bloggers whom she loves. When she mentioned one that she finds HIL.AR.I.OUS, I knew I needed to go there. It turns out that there is the blog of The Other Mama. I think I've been there before, but apparently only in passing. But not today. Not on a day when I need something. Some inspiration. Something uproariously funny.

Misheard song lyrics.

Need I say more?

I think not.

My personal favorites from my own life:

The Doobie Brothers' Black Water - "I like to hiss and funk in Dixieland. Burger Mama, come and take me by the hand." (courtesy of my sister)

The Doobie Brothers' (again) China Grove - "Talkin' 'bout trying to grow . . . "

Five for Fightings' Superman - "I'm more than a man, with forty red sheep."

I'm sure there are more but they slipped out the colander holes. In the meantime, go read Hillary's list. Then read the comments. ALL of them. To be fair, though, no drinking or eating whilst reading. You may want to stop for a potty break right now. Or be sorry. But don't say I didn't warn you.

May you fall out of your chair with laughter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...