9.21.2009

Joy of Giving

I've been a part of the FreeCycle e-loop for quite some time, but I really haven't participated much. Usually it's because I don't have what people need or don't want what they're getting rid of.

But on Saturday, someone posted a request for a refrigerator. We've had a second frig in our garage for a few years now, which is handy, but not necessary. My honey was out of town for the day, so I asked him on Sunday if he was okay with us giving away our refrigerator. Of course, he said that was fine.

A quick email and yes, they still needed a refrigerator. So we spent Sunday afternoon combining our frozen and refrigerated foods into one and cleaning up both refrigerators. They came over that afternoon and picked it up, happy to have a frig in their new home.

And the coolest thing of all? While I was sorting food, cleaning the frig, and reloading it in a more orderly fashion, I was filled with joy and thanking God for the privilege of giving away our refrigerator.


...and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...