6.12.2008

Out and About

Hebrews 12:1 “…let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”


What does the “sin which so easily ensnares us” look like to you personally? Is it sitting there on the side of the road in the race of life, looking stinky, smelly, and disgusting? I mean sin really is gross. When I think about how completely revolting sin is in our lives as believers, I picture something from a very disgusting dump with flies buzzing all around it. It most certainly smells and looks terrible.

Since I'm off and running today, you can find me and read the rest of this next door at the Homeschool Blog Awards' Thursday Thoughts.

Have a blessedly wonderful day.

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

Hi, I just left you a small gift here. Just a token of appreciation.

--Gabriel (Live from Waterloo)

Gina said...

I love this visual.

Robert said...

The ugliness is how God sees it and how we are supposed to see it when we confess. But I also know how sin disguises itself into something deceptively attractive. Why else would we take the bait. Great post today. Very thought provoking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...