6.09.2008

Monday Miscellany













The latest issue of Heart of the Matter is out! As always, there is a plethora of excellent articles. Go check it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're still house-hunting. While people keep saying, "Oh, it's a great time to buy a house," we keep saying, "Oh, it's a weird time to buy a house!" A lot of people think their houses are still worth more than the market will bear. Of course, some are into them higher and don't really have a choice. Every time the interest rate bounces around, it changes what we can/can't buy. And we have seen some very, shall we say, QUIRKY houses. Okay, maybe not the entire house, but some quirky features. I think the 70's conversation pit was the most unique. That, and the very narrow, portable panty. It's definitely been an interesting adventure, including plenty of laughter. We're supposed to go look at three more this week. We'll see how that plays out.

ClayGuy is finally on the road to recovery from a nasty sinus infection. He was at the doctor last Monday, but then developed a pretty bad cough that hasn't wanted to take its leave. I thought I may have to take him back today, as he continued to run a low-grade fever and the cough was so bad. But we may actually be seeing enough improvement that we won't have to go that route. We've spent a lot of time at home since he's not been feeling so great. Although that's a good thing. It's nice to stay home. It's also cheaper to stay home, given the rising gas prices!

If you happened to have read my really long post about our nice dinner out while shopping for an HD converter box, I'd be curious if you caught this (and you're not my mom, cause she did!). I listed dry roasted SESAME SEEDS as one of our dinner items. Like people really buy jars of dry roasted sesame seeds?!?! For a snack? I could not come up with the word sunflower for some reason. It just slipped clunked right out of the back of my head! Even as I typed it, I wondered if that word was correct. But sesame and seeds went together, and I had no better replacement, so I went with it. Then I got the comment from my mom. And I had to fall over and laugh for awhile. But I'm okay now.

I'm not sure what just happened outside, but our little birdie neighbors are MAD!! They're squawking up a storm and flying all over the place. There are some squirrels doing their usual zipping around thing. I don't know if they're wreaking havoc or something else happened, but it is sure noisy out there! Even the yard bunnies came over to watch.

If things go well, you might be seeing a new design here at Bunny Trails. Hopefully soon! I'm kind of tired of this one. I'm working on it, anyway. In my "no clue what I'm doing" way, it's not looking too bad, if I say so myself.

Guess I'd better get cracking with my day. Dishes to wash, laundry to do, phone calls to make, baking to do. Pretty typical kind of Monday. Although I'm thinking we ought to get outside - especially ClayGuy - and just enjoy the warm sun, blue skies, and the beauty of creation. Of course, enjoying for me includes a camera. Or two.

Wishing you a wonderfully blessed Monday!

4 comments:

Amico Dio said...

I am laughing hysterically right now! The irony of finding a typo on your post and such a good one at that! *whew*

"That, and the very narrow, portable panty."

I thought they were all portable but mine aren't so narrow anymore!

ROFL

You have made my day, girl!

Anonymous said...

Yep I laughed at the narrow portable panty too.

We've been going to open houses so that we have an idea on what's out there once we get an offer on our house. We're looking at mostly new construction so not many weird features. We're running into weird realtors. We talked to one yesterday that told us the builder would take 25% off the list price. Yikes I hope she was authorized to say that!

Anonymous said...

I smiled at Clay Guys imprvement...
Uncle Daze

Anonymous said...

...and i am wising you a wonderfully blessed Monday as well.
Uncle Daze

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...