3.02.2010

Blog Branding

{It's interesting to see what turns up in one's draft posts. So, from the unposted archives...}

No, it doesn't involve a hot iron with overlapping letters and singed fur/skin. It's a little thing that they say is good for one who likes to blog. Who are they, you might ask? In this case, it's Karen from {Simply A Musing Blog}, guest posting at Blogging Basics 101 (a helpful place, btw).

Now that I have a groovy new template {well, it was new awhile back} and am ready to make a name for myself stand out from the crowd of Blogger's basic looks, I thought this could provide some helpful information.

They, um, Karen definitely puts a positive spin on branding. Her first item is about your name. Yep, mine fits. I'm all over the place on bunny trails, day in and day out. Even my url matches. Definitely got this one covered.

Next is design. I suppose that creating modifying my own design here is a start. She does say that it's the easiest and most common thing to do. Whew! I'm nothing, if not common.

Then comes the "writing well and with a purpose" section. Writing . . . well . . . I do write. Not always well. I often sometimes start with a purpose, but get off track. You know, trotting down some bunny trail or something. Must remember to pick up milk. But I digress.

Lastly, she says to be social. That's pretty much a no-brainer for me. When you talk as much as I do, you have to be social. Either that, or look like a nut case walking around talking to myself. People like me are the reason Twitter exists. It wasn't enough to update our blogs one a somewhat regular basis. Now we can update our peeps all the time. Craziness, really.

So, if you're thinking you'd like to do some fine-tuning to your blog, check out Karen's article. She even links to another article. So you can click from me to Karen to somebody else. Somebody I don't even know. That's the beauty of blogging and the internet and grilled cheese.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

I will definitely check that article, Dianne!!! My blog is long overdue for an extreme makeover...

Anonymous said...

Birds of a feather :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...