9.11.2009

Amazing Maize Maze

At last - the year we would finally make it to the corn maze at the Denver Botanic Gardens. This year's creation? A T-Rex carved into eight acres of corn. Totally awesome!

The aerial view. Walk on the black lines. The green is the corn.


corn maze - trex

corn maze - entrance


My sister, her husband, and their two daughters joined us. It was a long trip to get there. Not because of the distance we live from the gardens, but we had some delays. I believe it took us around three and a half hours to make a one hour trip. But the kids were all troopers. Well, courtesy of a little electronic entertainment - my five year old niece had the mini DVD player and the other three had DS Lites.


No, this is not a DS in his hands. It's the ticket. With a picture of the aerial view of the maze. It could also be construed to be a map, small as it is.

corn maze - the map


It was nice and light with a few clouds overhead when we arrived. There weren't many people and the weather was absolutely perfect. However, it was about 6:30 p.m. And we were nestled in near the foothills, so it didn't take long for daylight to pass on by.

corn maze - light


I'll wait up here until you figure it out.

corn maze - from bridge



Isn't my niece pretty?

corn maze - lovely



I don't often use flash, but people move much too quickly for a 1 - 2 second shutter speed. And it was getting quite dark.

corn maze - dark



Glad Mr Rex didn't eat her with this enormous tooth!


corn maze - tooth



Then it was off to Rubio's for a late dinner of awesomely wonderful Baja goodness. It was a great day all the way around.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a good time was had by all :)

Pam said...

We should have a Corn Maze here. After all, we have the Corn Palace, and Cornelius-a big ear of corn which is the high school mascot. And LOTS of corn is grown around here.

Looks like you have lots of fun!

Chris Worthy said...

I wonder how I would do in one of those? I have zero sense of direction. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose I'd get dizzy??? (Than I already am?)

mom

Pat said...

That maze looks really hard. Did anyone make it all the way through? Looks like fun. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...