9.21.2008

Home Buying Adventures, part ??

The new roof was put on the house on Friday. I don't like the color. Boo. Sadly, it was my choice. The problem is that the brick is a variegated green and the paint is blue. And I had to select a color from the internet and my memory of the house. Not a good combination. Maybe it's not as bad as I think. Or maybe it is. My goal was to match the brick (the paint sure doesn't) so that some day, when we repaint the house, it will all tie together. We'll see.

No pix. Yet.

The latest (which changes all the time) is that we're aiming for closing on Wednesday. Since the entire deal with this house has been very loose and fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants, who knows what that means. Our mortgage broker really does have to close this week, however. If not . . . well, we'd prefer not to go there. We're also planning to be out of our current house by the end of the month. Unless "if not..." happens. But we're not going there.

So hopefully this week, I can post about getting through closing, having keys in hand, and maybe I'll even share some photos.

Other than that? Sorting, purging, and packing. Speaking of which, Audio Adrenaline (old stuff) and the B52s (well, old here, too) make for an awesome purging/packing dance mix! Very motivating. Especially when the house is void of other family member and I can crank the music.


5 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

WE're also hoping to close this week, but we're not actually making the move, which is weird. Everything in me wants to go down there and see the place, so I can imagine how you're feeling with roofs, paint, etc. and not knowing how it all looks. Maybe now that you have the roof on, you can pick a color that will go with it, since roofs are around for a very long time? Hope you have a good week getting it all done.

Beth said...

I will pray that things go smoothly and as you need them to!

beth

ps. thanks for the baking tips, I think i'll try it this week ;)

Dawn said...

Oh, I'm jealous. Our house has been on the market since June. I only have another showing tomorrow. Congratulations on your closing. I hope that you settle in well.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying it all goes well for you!! You'll have to tell me how great home ownership feels since we will still be waiting for a while :-)

{{{HUGS}}}
Sallie

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing that you're in! And does anyone really look at the roof anyway? Hmmm...I don't think I notice. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...