6.11.2010

Washing Baseball Caps

My dear husband has collected baseball caps for years. Many years. So he has many caps. This tradition is making its way to my boys now. Although they don't so much collect them as just wear one all the time. And then maybe wear another one all the time. But not at the same time. The Comedian is almost never without one.

baseball caps
(BTW - this may not look like much, but they're stacked at least 3-4 deep. This is also only a small portion of said collection.)

As you might imagine, these baseball caps get dirty. Either from a) sitting in a portion of the collection atop our dresser, or b) being worn every single day.

I've seen crazy little gizmos that you can use to wash them, but don't really want to spend money on such a thing. So I chose the next best option. I googled washing baseball caps. While there were many answers, I most enjoyed this particular entry. Great sense of humor, for sure.

It turns out that since sometime in the 80s, they started making the brims out of plastic, not cardboard. Therefore you are free to just toss the hats in the washing machine with the rest of your laundry. Who knew? Obviously, not me. So I promptly washed about 6-7 hats with a small to medium load of clothes, put them on our drying rack afterward, and they look nearly new! I did use some stain remover on a couple, letting it soak for awhile before tossing them in the wash.

On the one hand, I felt silly that I'd never been washing baseball caps when I could and should have been. On the other, I was just happy to have discovered that I can do this. My men do not have to wear grungy, yucky hats any more! And that is a very good thing.

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Lol! What a funny read! Are you really sure you should be washing those caps ;o)?

Blessings!
Deborah

Sallie said...

I haven't been by in a while so I don't know how "new" your new blog look is but I LOVE it!!

You can also wash baseball caps by just putting them in the top rack of your dishwasher. My hubby prefers this way. Just make sure you don't also have dirty dishes in there... ROFL

Have a blessed week,
Sallie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...