6.18.2009

Fresh Start Update

I had tremendously high (maybe too high) hopes for getting a lot of stuff done last week the week before last. It got off to a wonderful start. Monday I accomplished almost my entire list. Tuesday was pretty good, though not quite as great as Monday. Wednesday...well, I don't know what happened to Wednesday. Thursday and Friday I was able to complete some more items on my list.

Interestingly, when I got to the end of the week, I took a look at my LIST and I had actually completed just about everything. The strange part is that I felt no further ahead . . . in fact, I think I felt more behind than I'd been. I'm not really sure why, either. I just know that it was very frustrating. Normally, looking at the checked off list of accomplishments feels pretty good. But this time, the list looked good, but the rest of my home and life looked the same.

Does that mean I've gotten so far behind with tasks, chores, projects, responsibilities, desires, and wants that it will take much, much more than one sheet of tick marks? Or is there something more insidious going on here?

I don't have an answer, but I wish I did. I do know that I need to get back to the Stuff Diet. All the stuff just chokes out the life. And I'd like some space back for more life, thank you very much.

And because I can't stand the thought of posting without a photo, here's one. My son and my niece chilling in the hammock out front.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture...just can't believe how grown up they're looking these days. Sorry I have no good motherly advice for you.

mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...