1.02.2007

Making My Plans

In the page finder of my day planner, I have the following scripture:

"A man's heart plans his way , but the Lord directs his steps."

Proverb 16:9

When I make my plans for the day, I like to view this proverb as an overlay to my plans. While I may have certain ideas about what my day will be, God is the One who is ultimately in control of how things turn out. I desire to have the flexibility that allows Him to alter my day as He determines. Of course, He's free to change my day all He wants - it just works out so much easier for me when I bend according to His will! This also puts me in the position of seeking His direction, as opposed to the days where I think I'm in charge! Ha! Ha! That's a facade anyway. I'd much rather get on God's plan than attempt to maneuver my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...