1.16.2009

Homeschool Memoirs #21: School Days

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I've done an extraordinary job of participating in the Homeschool Memoirs meme over at the The Homeschool Post. This marks my third post (out of a total of 21). LOL!! It will also serve as my entry back into the PhotoStory Friday meme.

This week's theme is to post a photo from your school years. I have plenty, but this one is recently scanned and available. This one will add a little unknown tidbit for you: I was a pom-pom girl in high school. This was shot at a local park (a big huge hiking trail park with bluffs and hills and such) early in the morning. When we were done with the shoot, we went to McDonald's for breakfast. That was around the time McDonald's started serving breakfast. I had the pancakes, cause I'm not an eggs kind of gal. Funny, the memories you can find attached to things.

I had my first car at the time - a 65 Impala convertible. Dark blue with a white top. I once hauled 8 pom-pom girls in it (including me). My best friend and I both "drove." I steered, operated the brake, and the turn signal. She steered, operated the accelerator, and the gear shift. We had to, because both of us were squished into the driver's seat space. Four girls in front, four in back. Rag top down, of course. Fun times.

Check out more school photos here, and for other PSF entries, click the button.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



And have a wonderful Friday!

p.s. - the photo is circa 78-79


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Don't you look adorable! :)

(I will NOT tell you that I was born in 78. Oh, wait, my bad!) ;)

carrie said...

RA RA SHISH BOOM BAH!!

Let's hear it for PHS! Woot!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh, I remember having that SAME do! You rock, that's that. :)

Anonymous said...

Gee, couldn't you find the "lumberjack picture? ha ha!
Love you,
Mom :-)

KarenW said...

Fun highschool memories! Great picture!

Miss Rachel said...

Hello there. Thanks for the comment on my mint thins post. I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. :) Let me know if you try it. :)

Love,
Rachel

Amanda said...

Great picture! I knew by the hairdo that it had to be taken in the 70's. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...