1.09.2011

3 in 30, Week 1

What does it say for me that my first check-in with 3 in 30 is a couple days late? That's okay, I've already answered that question for myself. And it's not pretty.

Here goes, anyway.

So my big 3 in 30 goals and the first week's results are:

1. Go to bed on time. I guess that depends on how you define on time. Oh, right, I already defined that in this post. Lights out by 11:00 p.m. This hasn't panned out so well. The problem is I go to bed on time. But then I read. And I read some more. And my nearsighted little eyes pretend they can't see the clock well enough and they read a little more. I think midnight has been the norm. Prior to January, I was pushing 1:00-2:00 a.m., though. Oops, I just missed it for tonight. It's already a quarter after 11.

2. Drink water. I did drink more water. The first two days. Since then, I think most of my water has been carbonated. Like in a can of Dr. Pepper. Okay, okay, let's see what I can do this week. My chiropractor and massage therapist would be very happy if I drank more water this week. Of the pure, uncarbonated, un-Dr-Peppered variety.

Drink (from) this:

With water in it, obviously.

Not this:
cherry dp


3. Create meal plans. This one might've been a tiny bit better than the first two. Where I usually prefer to have them written down, I did know what we were having for 6 out of the 7 nights for dinner (dinner's the primary goal here). It's a step in the right direction.


Okay, I need to go read everyone else's progress over at the 3 in 30 weekly update. Perhaps I can gain some encouragement. Or motivation. Or something. I still have 22 days left to pull it off.

1 comment:

Ashley Pichea said...

So is it a good thing or a bad thing that your post has me cracking up? :-D

"And my nearsighted little eyes pretend they can't see the clock well enough and they read a little more."

I'm so there with you... I've been struggling to fall asleep, so I pull my handy-dandy iPhone back out after my hubs is snoring and read on my Kindle app. "Just another chapter and then I'll go to sleep."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...