11.18.2010

...Featuring Norah Jones

I haven't been a fan for a long time, but I have really come to enjoy the talents of Norah Jones over the past year. She has an incredibly rich and smooth voice with remarkable versatility. Earlier this week, I received a copy of ...Featuring Norah Jones courtesy of One 2 One Network for review. From the CD cover:




Recorded from 2001 to 2010, the cameos, duets and collaborations on this compilation span the musical spectrum and show Norah Jones to be one of the decade's most diverse musical connectors.

When I first opened the CD, I was a little curious how well it would work to have such a wide array of musical styles together. Norah sings with artists from many genres from Wilie Nelson to the Foo Fighters, Herbie Hancock to Outkast, and many others in between. Yet, the Norah's flexibility beautifully ties the various styles together.

While I've had just a few days to enjoy the CD, my favorites right now are:

  • Love Me with The Little Willies {Rarely do I care for Elvis remakes}
  • Turn Them with Sean Bones
  • Ruler of My Heart with Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Robert Randolph
  • Here We Go Again with Ray Charles
...Featuring Norah Jones was released earlier this week, so you can pick up your copy.

{Disclosure: I am a member of One 2 One Network, who provided this CD for review; opinions expressed are my own. I am entered to win a gift card through One2One Network by participating in this campaign.}


1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

I {heart} Nora Jones. I didn't realize she had a new CD out. Off to iTunes. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...