8.18.2011

25th Anniversary

I spent nearly a week trying to come up with something good to write about our 25th anniversary, but drew a blank. Not that I don't majorly love my husband and think he's the best thing since bottled milk, cause I do. I think it was partly because I was busy with plans for our mini vacation. But that's a story for another post.

hanging lake-us
Me & John at Hanging Lake

We went out for a lovely dinner at the Mona Lisa where we had a delicious four-course fondue dinner in a cozy, romantic nook. It started with garden salads with a delicious apricot vinaigrette and old world Swiss fondue with veggies, fruit, and bread for our appetizer. This was followed with a traditional main entree, consisting of two types of steak, chicken, tiger shrimp, salmon, and brats, which were served with six different sauces. The pièce de résistance was an assortment of cakes, cookies, and fruit to dip in dark chocolate fondue with amaretto.

Since I covered it pretty well last year, I'm doing a repeat. Because all these things are still true about my amazing hubby.

  • He lets me sleep in on Sunday mornings, goes downstairs, and cleans the kitchen. Even though he needs the sleep more than I do.
  • He doesn't care what I do with my hair - long, short, straight, curly, colored, whatever
  • He buys milk early in the morning so the kids & I don't have to go without cereal (them) and iced chai latte (me)
  • He holds my hand when we're walking together
  • He always hugs & kisses me and tells me he loves me before leaving the house or going to sleep
  • He cleans the cat box
  • He pulls over and stops while driving so I can take pictures of things
  • He sometimes lets me have the remote
  • He thinks I'm beautiful even without makeup
  • He holds doors open for me
  • He has integrity
  • He taught me how to four-wheel
  • He is patient
  • He sends me sweet smoochie texts
  • He hugs & kisses me, just because
  • He loves our boys
  • He loves Jesus
  • He is honest and loyal
  • He writes me love notes on the shower walls
  • He lets me whine and vent when I'm overwhelmed. And he just listens.
  • He pushes the cart at the store
  • He supports me in homeschooling our boys
  • He gives me time off
  • He loves his in-laws
  • He is helpful to many
  • He works hard
  • He changes the oil in my van
  • He is humble
  • He disposes of the bad food in the frig
  • He gets rid of bugs and spiders
  • He loves his mom and siblings
  • He doesn't care if there's nothing planned for dinner and we eat pancakes. Or order pizza
  • He fixes almost everything
  • He has never been anything but kind to me
  • He lets me be me
  • He never complains about anything I don't do. Or do.
  • He loves me, no matter what

I sure do love you, John!!

anniv collage4



6 comments:

Beth said...

So sweet! happy anniversary!

Kristal said...

Happy anniversary! Love the one that he pulls over and let's you take pictures!

Pam said...

That is about the sweetest thing!! You have yourself a gem! And John does likewise to have a wife who notices and realizes how special her man is!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, John, for loving your in-laws! You are definitely a keeper! We love you too!
Dianne, it was a good day when you went to the Alpine Slide all those years ago! We're so happy for you both. It's easy to see how much you love each other. It reminds me of my own Aunt Mildred and Uncle John. They were so special.
:-)
Mom

Nikowa said...

Awe! Happy Anniversary... what a sweet post!

Lawn Care Irvine said...

Helllo mate great blog post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...