3.04.2013

Peanut Butter

Just the title alone will cause some to practically salivate at the thought. Others, not so much. And many in between. Well, if more than three people read this, anyway.

I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. At least that's what I say aloud. Even in my head. In fact, most of the time, things made with peanut butter don't sound that appealing (other than fresh, warm, soft peanut butter cookies!). But I actually kind of like it more than I let on. Especially when it's freshly ground and flavored with maple and honey.

We have a store downtown called PB&J's. They make their own fresh PB in their store in a cool red grinder. {Which reminds me - why did I not take a picture of it? That's so out of character for me.}

They have other flavors, though they didn't really appeal to me, so I conveniently forgot what they are. Other than plain. Which I'm sure is pretty awesome, too.

But this? Honey Maple Peanut Butter?

pb by bunnytrails, on Pix-O-Sphere
(Pardon the focus, or lack thereof, on these. Not sure what happened.)


OH. MY. WORD.

pb sandwich by bunnytrails, on Pix-O-Sphere

Nothing short of amazing! It's so incredibly good that it needs no accompaniment. I had a bread and PB sandwich today. It was so good that I made another half. Sigh. Pure bliss.

What food do you eat that you think you don't care that much about, but when you eat it you really enjoy it a lot? When it comes to peanut butter, I also love Reese's little teeny weeny miniature unwrapped cups. Chilled, of course.


2 comments:

The dB family said...

Hmmm, I'll have to think about that for awhile. I always tell myself I don't like hotdogs, but over a campfire, I can't eat just one. I LOVE peanut butter. I'm purely impressed you have a store that sells just peanut butter (and varieties). Yum!

Blessings!
Deborah

Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home said...

I'm sitting here with an open bag of Fritos, but your PB sounds good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...