I've accumulated a bunch of piddly little errands that have just been nagging at me and getting moved to the next week (and the next week...) in my planner for far too long. But no longer! Today, we accomplished the following:
- Mailed a book to Shannon (I'd better email her!)
- Dropped off a friend's things at her storage unit (space in my van again)
- Returned some curriculum to Mardel's (bought more than I meant)
- Exchanged maple sugar at Savory Spice (garlic-smoky-bbq doesn't taste good in there)
- Dropped off the utility bill and payment (they like it when you pay them)
- Picked up books on hold at the library (Caleb's interested in woodcarving)
- Took pictures of the wind blowing a fountain sideways (no, not a piddly errand)
- Bought spiral-bound index cards for scripture memorization
- And we threw in lunch at Chick-Fil-A for good measure. Or maybe that was for good taste. Well, tasting good, anyway.
Some of these tasks I've been trying to accomplish for awhile now, so it felt wonderful to get them off my list! I'm ever so happy that they won't be moving forward into next week with me.
Oh, and the wind today? Holy moly, Batman! That was NOT fun. Nor pleasant. I got a couple shots of Pikes Peak while we were downtown, as well as some shots of the train tracks and the bridges. Cold, but not bad.
Then we stopped at a park on the way home since the water was blowing horizontally at the fountain. The wide-open park offered plenty of room for cold air and wind to whip violently around me. Enough so that I had to wear the hood on my hoodie. But my poor fingers? Well, let's just say they got the worst of the deal. I shot pictures until I could no longer change camera settings because my fingers had no feeling.
And then I shot a little more.
Zach said I was nuts.
We had to wait for my fingers to thaw before I could drive home, though.
Poor frozen, dried-up fingers.