2.05.2012

Weekly Recap 2/5/12

I really miss the days of blogging. Writing posts, visiting others, and commenting. Even though it wasn't that long ago, I still look back at that time fondly. Every once in awhile, I take a look at my list of blogs I like to visit (over there on the right) and go check out a blog or two that I haven't been to in awhile. Tonight I popped over to catch up with Bev at Numbering the Days. She's the sister of the second blogger I ever followed when I entered the blogosphere. Anyway, I'm sort of rambling, aren't I (imagine that!)?

All that to say that I like the way Bev posts various recaps - monthly, weekly, etc. And I thought maybe I'd give that a whirl. Maybe it will get me blogging again, more than just once-a-week Wordless Wednesday posts.

So here's a peek at my past week:

I started (yet another) planner/organizer/idea notebook. In a purple Moleskine. Long story, but I'll post about it (with pix) probably this week. Lucy and I attended the monthly homeschool meeting. Not without a quick stop at Starbucks first. So I could take my Iced Venti Nonfat Chai to the meeting and promptly knock it off a table and dump half of it on the floor. Definite sad face moment.

I completed a proofreading/editing project for a dear friend. Can't wait for it to be published. It's a good one if you're a woman who'd like to learn a little more about the elusive Proverbs 31 woman.

I participated in an online moon photography class. There's a very talented photographer here named Paul who has recently begun live streaming some free photography classes. The week prior, it was a night photography class. Since there's a full moon coming up this Wednesday, he wanted to get the moon class out for people to be able to put their newfound skills to work. So hopefully I'll have some moon shots up this week, too.

This is not from the class or this week, but last May. I just felt a picture was necessary here.
full moon

I had dinner with one of my dearest friends, Nan (we've known each other over half our lives now - we met as sophomores in high school). Mexican, of course. Because it's what she and I always have when we eat out together. Always good conversation and good food.

Friday we woke up to snow. And it continued to snow for a good portion of the day. Well, in parts of town anyway. Some parts of the state got loads more than we did. But I'm glad we got anything. We sure need the moisture.

Would've loved more, but we'll take what we can get.

Spent some time at Starbucks with my mom and Lucy in the afternoon. And some more time visiting at Lucy's house and introducing her to Choco Tacos. I mean, how can you go through life without having experienced a Choco Taco?

Today was pretty busy, but fun. Our nieces were over this morning. We had lunch with and visited John's mom. I picked up one son who'd spent the night at a friend's. John dropped off the other son at his writer's group. I worked on some school plans while at home. We headed over to my sister's home to eat pizza and watch the Super Bowl. John picked up the son at writer's group. And we came home and watched Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Or at least what was left of it.

My oldest niece and me
b n me

And of course, there was the toe incident on Wednesday. Goodness.

Thanks to the fact that I have not been getting to bed on time (yeah, big surprise, right?), I'm going to hit the publish button on this and go to bed. Early...er than usual. Perhaps I could start a much-needed trend for myself.

On a happy note, I find that just recapping my week already gave me a few things to potentially blog about this week. Hmmm...this could be the start of a good thing.

What did you do this past week? Anything exciting? Anything mediocre? Tell me about it in the comments.

3 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Hi again!

I'm here ... bunny trailing (wink!) before deciding what to write about MY day.

We had a great week last week, with a big finale' being our grand 'not-back-to-school party'. Then Sat evening we took our son to see the Dr Who Symphony Spectaculr (my daughter stayed with friends .. she wasn't at all interested).

Okay .. better start seriously writing up that post I was going to share. Hope this week is good to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, there's always Zumba in my week. Coincidentally, I was at Starbucks with my daughter and Lucy on Friday, then had Choco Taco's with them, accompanied by the song, Chocolate' (Choco Choco). Worked Sunday morning at Curves, watched the Superbowl at other daughters' house. Sliced my left forefinger the same day you damaged your toe! Always nice to read your posts! We should go have Mexican sometime too.

mothra

Beth said...

send us some snow! We hardly have any....and don't tell anyone, but I'm ok with that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...