1.01.2011

My Word

I like the trend of choosing a word as a theme for the year. A focal point can be very helpful in life. In the past, I've done this {sort of}, but this year, I think it will be more official. It's already here in writing, so people might actually hold me to it. My word is

less

328-one more leaf

I've been pondering the whole idea of Less = More for awhile now.

Less online time = More time for family, projects, art, photography...

Less soda = More water

Less distraction = More focus

Less stuff = More space (mental & physical)

Less eating out = More healthy meals

Less staying up late = More rested & refreshed

Less junk food = More energy

And much, much more (resulting from less).

Do you choose a word for the year? If so, what is it? Do you want to join me in Less is More? We can hold one another accountable, share successes (and failures), and encourage one another. We could even have a linky to keep up with one another if there's a good response

Since I'm participating in 3 in 30, I think I'll use that to further refine my choices for less. All three of my goals for January are covered in the above Less = More list:

{1} Go to bed on time
{2} Drink more water
{3} Plan our meals

Click on the link if you'd like to join the 3 in 30 challenge. Leave a comment here if you want to participate in Less = More.

PS: I've added a tab at the top where I will link to various posts and articles I find that encourage and motivate on this topic.

7 comments:

Valerie @ Composition-Life said...

Oh I love your idea of Less = More. Not sure I can officially participate - but - as one of my 'resolutions' is to keep a journal each day this year - I am going to write that on my first page -

Happy New Year!!

~michelle pendergrass said...

I love this. I do want to participate. I've already made a commitment to do less traveling this year {=more time at home} :)

Dawn Camp said...

Smart girl! I would do well just to adopt your 3 for this month.

Katia said...

I love this Diane. You got me thinking. I had already decided "less" on so many things. Now I am thinking that I will make me a list and post it on my desk as a reminder this whole year.
I guess my biggest change has to do with blogging, no more 365 everyday for me, it took so much of my time everyday, commenting I mean.
Let me see how you do this and I might join. Memes is another big thing I am saying "less" of this year. But this might be a good one for me.
Happy New year to you, dar friend.
(((hugs))
katia

Amber@ClassicHousewife said...

Nice!!
(Also, less spending = more saved. That would be one for me.) =p

I picked "well-functioning" - is there a better word that means functioning well and running smoothly? Hmmm..

The dB family said...

Dianne, this is excellent! I could really go for the less theme too. I'll be enjoying reading your upcoming posts on the topic. I think for this year, I will follow along silently instead of actively participating.

Blessings!
Deborah

Jenn said...

What an excellent theme for this year!!! I so have drinking more water and eating less sugar on my agenda for this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...