1.31.2009

A Routine Life

I feel like I hardly post anything except photos these days. Well, not that I just feel that way, that's the way it is. However, I don't seem to be doing anything of interest lately. Not that my life is bad, it's just fairly routine.

We're getting back in the groove of homeschool after the holidays, so that occupies a good part of my day. I still need to better implement a couple of subjects, but we're getting there. At least the basics have become routine now. The boys do so much better when we have the structure of school in our days.

During times of independent study, I clean the kitchen, work on dinner and laundry, and pop online occasionally. We're usually done with school anywhere from 2:00 - 3:30 in the afternoon. That leaves a little time for further household chores, online surfing, or errands on most days. At least once a week we get together with some friends as well.

Most nights we're home. We usually just chill out in the family room together. I've been spending my free time in photography books, attempting to improve my skills. Although you can only read so much before you really need to get out and put it into practice. But I haven't done so much of that. I decided to get on the Project 365 bandwagon this year and that's coming along well. Head over to Photo Bunny to see the 31 days of progress.

Before I know it, it's bedtime. Fill up the dishwasher, shut down the laptop, and it's off to bed.

Thursday afternoon and today I made quite a bit of progress in the guest room/studio. I'm looking forward to getting that taken care of, for a number of reasons. First, I want to be able to scrapbook again - it's been too long since I have. Second, I have a dedicated place to work on grading papers and making plans for school. Third, the Gremlin Wrangler and her man will be sleeping there when they come to visit in a couple of months. I'm really looking forward to #3. A lot. I'm expecting a significant amount of hilarity.

We did get out for some letterboxing last week on our 70 degree day. In January. I love it. A nice summer day in the middle of winter. The leaves above are from that day. I suppose I could actually post that - our one activity this month. LOL!!

I guess that's about it. My life in a nutshell. Or in a blog post. While routines can sometimes be boring, I'm okay with it right now. There's always plenty to do at this point in life, but not always great blog material.

Thanks for hanging in with me, if you're still here. I'll try to get back to some regular posting. Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Beautiful picture! I love how you captured the light shining through. I agree about "there is only so much of a photog book you can read before you have to practice". :) I do like the practice part. I wish you lived in my neck of the woods. We could do a "photog drive". :)

Anonymous said...

Those leaves are beautiful - great picture! Enjoy your routine days. :-)

Donnetta said...

Just dropping in to let you know I am still here. :-)

carrie said...

yeah! Party!!!! There should be much hilarity...especially if we make regular trips to Starbucks and if we time those trips close to the times of day I take my ritalin. That's always a fun time for me and those around me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...