9.10.2007

Fall is Here

I don't know if you can tell where you live, but Fall (or Autumn, if you prefer) has definitely arrived in Colorado. Yesterday was cooler in the morning, complete with cloud cover and highs only in the 60's. Although the sun did show it's warm smiley face for awhile, which threatened to remove that glorious Fall feeling. Not to worry, it's quite cloudy and even cooler today. We're not supposed to be out of the 50's. Woo hoo!! I just love, love, love the first days of Fall!

I'm also very domestic this time of year - baking, making soups and other warm comfort foods. It also helps that my oven is working again. Last night we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It did my heart good to make a yummy dinner after being in a meal rut for so much of the summer! I even made a batch of lemon bars and a batch of key lime bars. Yummmmmmm!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm having a tough time getting to anything in bloggityville, as we're back on the homeschool wagon. This will be our 4th week. The first week was stellar. The second week was okay. Last week was . . . well, let's just say last week was rather off-track. But that's okay, one of the many benefits of homeschool is FLEXIBILITY. I was a good mom/teacher and got plans put together last night so we are ready to roll on down the road this week.

We're doing a unit (KONOS) on Floating & Ships which falls under the character trait of Trust. Should be a lot of fun. We have some cool experiments and projects planned. We'll be going to see The Titanic exhibit at the Denver Museum towards the end of our unit. Good stuff!

Edited to add: You know when you go back and read something you wrote and realize that it might not have sounded the way you intended? I'm hoping everyone understands that homeschooling my kids most definitely takes priority over blogging. So I wasn't trying to sound like, "Oh, this schooling stuff is getting in the way of my bloggy life." No way, huh-uh, never. My primary ministry at this time in my life is homeschooling my boys.

And if you didn't think it sounded that way, then just ignore my rambling addition here. LOL!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I stopped by Boo Mama's place this morning (quick peek while the boys have breakfast) and realized that she and Big Mama had already done a THIRD Big Boo Cast, I realized that I must be very behind the times. Especially since I haven't even heard the second one! If you just need to have a good laugh, go listen to the Big Boo Cast (this is the first one). These ladies are a riot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



This summer our church offered Beth Moore's study on Daniel and I had really, really, really wanted to attend. It wasn't to be, however, which was somewhat disappointing. I so enjoy her studies. I was talking with our women's ministry assistant recently and she offered to hook me up with the DVDs and the study. I now have an official small group (4 of us, maybe 2 more) and we'll be starting the Daniel study on Friday. Praise God! I was able to pick up not only the workbooks and DVDs, but the leader's guide and all the handouts. God is SO good. The group consists of Mom, me, and two other homeschool moms that are dear friends of mine. Our kids get to hang out every Friday afternoon and play (they're thrilled) and we get to have some lunch, fellowship, and do this awesome study together. Such a deal!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For the past year, I've been writing for our women's ministry newsletter which is published quarterly. The lady who's been overseeing that will be stepping down and I'm taking over. I know that it's what the Lord has called me to and I know that He will be faithful to provide the strength, wisdom, and direction I need. But it's still a little intimidating. My predecessor is just so gifted in this realm and I hope to produce a newsletter that will continue blessing and ministering to the women who read it. We have a meeting this Friday evening with all of the contributors and that's when she'll be announcing the leadership change.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm still plugging away with santa stars. I'm over half way done with the machine sewing part and trimming part. I am really glad I got an early start on these! I also chose a couple of Christmas cards that I've made in the past to be the cards this year. So I'll be ordering cardstock and ribbon for those this week. Time to plan a couple of "Stamping with Friends" days.




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Maybe this week I can blog just a little more often so it doesn't all get dumped into one huge post! Yeah, best laid plans. Ha! Ha!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not quite as cool here yet. We're supposed to be in the mid 70's for the rest of the week. After weeks of 100 degrees, this is so welcomed!

I actually turned the oven on for the first time in probably a month yesterday. It felt so good. Fall is my favorite season. It makes me feel cozy and content to start pulling out fall decor, baking and leaving the windows open at night.

Great news on the women's ministry newsletter! Good for you.

BTW, I didn't think anything of your comment about homeschooling and blogging. If you're like me, you sneak blogging and general internet stuff in during breaks and downtime.

Anonymous said...

I know Fall is on its way here, but it was still 101 yesterday in town (yikes!) -- so it was a crock-pot day! It's chilly this morning, but it's supposed to be hot again today. So I'm looking forward to a truly FALL day. (It's my favorite time of year, as well.)

Just looking at everything you're doing makes me tired! (LOL) How in the world do you find the time and energy?

I think anyone who is a homeschooler understood your comment about blogging completely . . . especially if they took the time to see everything else on your plate! Take it easy, girl!

Blessings!

Lisa :}

Robin said...

You sound like your life is as busy as mine! Blessings on you as you go through your days. I really admire you home-schooling moms!

Sprittibee said...

1. Holy cow, I can't believe you are that busy and you have time to blog.
2. On second thought, I can't believe I have time to blog either.
3. YOU LUCKY DOG, I WISH IT WERE FALL HERE. I want 50 degree weather!!!! *pout*
4. The only leaf change here is my brown, dead, ugly oak tree that died after it was planted by the builder.
5. Those cards look awesome.
6. That newsletter ministry is right up your alley. We talked about this the other night! You big list-maker!
7. Thanks for being so sweet and being there for me through my hormonal issues, the baby loss, and just for stopping in to check on me. You are a sweet friend.
8. Have a great weekend.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Thanks, ladies! It's funny because I didn't really think I was that busy. Maybe I shouldn't write it all down and just live in oblivion! LOL!

It was only that pleasantly cool ONE DAY. We've still been mostly in the upper 70's and lower 80's.

The tree at the top of my post was from last year. I didn't mean to give the impression that our leaves have all turned. They're barely starting! I was just in a fall frame of mind. :)

I must be busier than I think. I'm only blogging once or twice a week right now. Life seems to be ramping up a bit here in our home. Just a new season of life and with God at the helm, that's okay by me.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Weird - I'm hearing about meatloaf all over the place, even made it myself this past week. Maybe thats what signals fall in many of us. Hallelujah, we have leftovers of it for tonight. Meatloaf sandwiches while we watch a movie, and since it's only hitting 60 today, I think we can have our first fire. I'm with you - fall is the best!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Oooh, we're not quite chilly enough for a fire yet. In fact, we're back to summer weather. Driving home from church tonight it was SEVENTY DEGREES - after 10:00 p.m.! Good grief!

I think meatloaf was a big deal because I haven't had use of the oven for several months. It's one of those things that never sounds good to me, but I like it when it's cooked. Hubby LOVES it, though. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably never remember to make it. :D

Michele Moore said...

It is cooling off here in Houston, but still highs in the upper 80s. No windows open or anything yet. Hopefully soon. I love that time of year.

From the sample of your writing I have read on here I know you will be a blessing to the newsletter. It will be great, and what an amazing oppourtunity.

Now for the favor, can I have the recipe for the key lime bars? My email is micheletmoore@yahoo.com. Key Lime is a favorite, but I never had a recipe. I would love something different to try. Thanks!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

HH - We're down in the 70's and even 60's this week! WOO HOO! Makes me happy. I love fall.

Thank you for the kind words about the newsletter. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...