8.10.2007

Friday's Feast - Number 155

Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of pie? Key Lime

Soup
Name something that made you smile this week. My 3-year old neice explaining that she's herself in this way, "Look at me. I have this hair!" There you go, what further explanation does one need?

Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid? I don't know - I've never really been where it's humid. Hot, yes. I seek out air conditioning. Or I grab a mister and spray myself. Definitely get my big old hair up and off my neck - it's the equivalent of wearing a wool scarf, double wrapped.

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up? The kitchen/dining room. First and foremost, remove the 70's ORANGE & GREEN wallpaper! Paint the walls a pale off-white. Replace the dark brown tile on the kitchen counters with white tile and a red & white checkered backsplash. New curtains (red & white, of course). Then I could pull out all my red & white cherry decor that's been sadly camouflaged here. Lastly, replace the brown lino with something in the red & white theme. Naturally, we're going to get fantastic deals (hubby knows people) for all that I have going on here with a mere $1,000!! :D

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My alarm clock says "Get out of bed!" but I hide it under hubby's pillow until it shuts up (he's in the shower, not laying on the pillow) so I can doze off again.

Oops, I forgot to include a link so you can enjoy other feasts! Go here to see what others have to offer!

16 comments:

Alison said...

Long, thick hair is no fun when it's hot! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

my daughter is 3 too--she's hilarious!! Great feast!!

Juzahlyn said...

3 year olds are funny...mine's 3 too...great feast

Mine's up too

aaronsmusic said...

I love key-lime pie! Great feast!

Melody said...

Great feast!
My daughter is 3 too! And I love the things they say sometimes. LOL.

Happy Friday!

Jenny said...

I love to listen to all the 3 yr old wisdom...so cute! lol!

Eleisia said...

Enjoyed your friday feast!
You put a lot of planning into redecorating your kitchen. I chose my kitchen too.
Kids say the cutest things!

Gill said...

3 year olds say the cutest things! I enjoyed your feast. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

LOL at your dessert!

My mobile phone wakes me up, I press the 'snooze' button and put it under Hubby's pillow till he gets up to shower!

Anonymous said...

Tasty treats here today. Good job.

Dinner is served at my place and you are invited to join me.

Anonymous said...

Bark, bark. Good eats, enjoyed the feast. Come join me at my dog blog. Whoof.

Dedee said...

I love the alarm clock idea!

Happy feasting!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Looks like you can relate, Alison!

I'm glad my 3 year old neice is so close - I certainly enjoy her banter. My boys are quite a few years out of that stage now.

It seems that the alarm clock has been on ongoing thread in this feast.

BeccA's Buzz said...

Key lime pie is so simple and yummy! BTW, you only need about $50 to take down that wallpaper and paint it white! You should do it immediately if not sooner, atleast take down the paper! Get a waterbottle with a spray nozzel. Go to $1 and get cheap liquid fabric softener. Fill the bottle with warm water and fabric softener. Spray the wallpaper alot, let it really soak in...come back with a wide putty knife and it just falls right off. Sometimes you have to scrape it a bit, but just keep spraying it, it'll come right down! Go, what are you waiting for?? :) You can do it yourself, sweat equity!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Actually, Becca, the bigger issue with the wallpaper is that we're renting and the owner has emotional attachment issues because this was his grandparents' house. Sigh. We would gladly do the work and pay for it, but he seemed rather reluctant. So we just live with it and hope that one day he'll change his mind!

I do appreciate the wallpaper removal tips, because that can sure be a pain! :D

Unknown said...

Aren't those little ones fun?
Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...