6.08.2007

The Church Ladies by Lisa Samson

Lisa Samson has definitely been added to my list of favorite authors. Fortunately, she has a number of books out, so I can keep reading her work for some time yet.

The Church Ladies is another example of Lisa’s compelling writing, relatable characters, and God’s work in the lives of His people. In this story, we see that God isn’t concerned with denomination and various outward appearances. When tragedy hits this small town, the lens of superficiality is removed and an unlikely group of women come boldly before the throne of God in prayer. As believers in human skin, we all struggle, get off track, and make mistakes. Lisa does a beautiful job of reminding us that God is ever faithful to redeem our failures and bring reconciliation to our relationships.

3 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

I love Lisa Samson, but I have to really think when I read her...she's not your everyday, run of the mill Christian author...

Robin said...

This sounds great - I'm trying to decide if I am doing the Summer reading challenge or not. If I do - I think I will add this one.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Deena - I agree, her stuff is pretty deep. I really like her writing.

Robin - I'm going to pass on the summer challenge; not that I won't be reading, but it won't be for reviewing, posting, etc. I won't likely do on in fall, because I'll be busy with school up and running and a new responsibility I've taken on. But I can check out everybody else's reviews! LOL! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...