4.16.2007

Monday Morning

It's one of those Mondays - you know, the kind where you feel like everything is out of sync. Much to do and probably not enough time to do it all. It's payday, but the money isn't in the bank . . . yet. I have to check the bank site every so often to see if the deposit is there. Hubby checked at work and they said it should be there any time. So my patience is being tested a bit.

I made my list this morning during quiet time and while reading Proverbs, came across a couple of my favorite verses regarding the plans of my day:

"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

In addition, verse 3 says, "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established."

Only by committing my list to God, as well as my day, will there be any calm, rational, peaceful thoughts and direction. He knows what needs to happen today. He knows how my day will go. All I can do is my best in planning, seek His heart, and listen for his voice.

"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." Isaiah 30:21

May I remember these verses and remember to stop and listen for the Lord's direction before I make a move.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...