3.22.2007

Sister Freaks


I suppose if my kitchen were entirely (or even mostly) clean and one section of my counter not looking like it requires an archaeological dig just to locate the tile, I might have realized I have one other book for my Spring Reading Thing list. It's Sister Freak: Stories of Women Who Gave up Everything for God by Rebecca St. James. I think it's geared towards teens and young women, but it sounds inspiring. From inside the cover:

"Around the world, every day, young women are boldly putting themselves forth as believers - regardless of the cost. Sometimes they suffer for it, but they never waver in their conviction that God has called them to serve Him. They are confident. They are committed. They are 'Sister Freaks.' These are words that evoke strong images - images of extreme faith . . . of radical devotion . . . of sacrifice and triumph. They are life-changing words. And they are at the core of the stores related within these pages. Here you will meet contemporary women and historical figures from around the world - from Joan of Arc to a Midwest high school student to an Olympic athlete. But whether the account is of a historical heroine or a woman of today like you, the stories are always inspiring. Their goal: to demonstrate to you that living radically for God can change your life, whether halfway around the world or in your hometown."

I'm almost done with Crossroads. I should have a review up in a day or so.


5 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

I have that book! It's one I keep intending to read, but it keeps getting moved along the shelf...you might have inspired me to read it finally...

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Sister freaks is a great title for a book. Hope it lives up to its promise!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Well, Deena, if I get to it before you, I'll let be sure and post a review.

I agree, Susan, I hope it's as good also!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sprittibee said...

You go girl! I need to get reading myself!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...