2.11.2007

Even I Was Duped

We were at the local RV & Sport Show today (hubby works for an RV dealer), and while cruising around with the boys, my brother-in-law, and nieces, we came across one of those gimmicky kid toys. Naturally, the vendor was more than happy to give us his one minute demonstration, complete with fast talking lips, fast moving hands, and the cutest little fuzzy worm. The kids were hooked after the first 10 seconds. My brother-in-law and I were intrigued, thinking it ran around via static or something along those lines.


(this one is named Brock)

Now you have to understand that I am not that gullible. In fact, I tend more towards cynical when it comes to anyone trying to relieve me of my money. Maybe because I really didn't know how they worked and because the kids were so excited to have their very own worms, I caved.

Well, they got me this time - it wasn't at all what I thought. But since they do ask that you not tell anyone the "secret," I guess this is as far as it goes. On a happy note, the kids have had a wonderful time with their fuzzy little worms. Each of them (except my 2 year old niece) has worked diligently to learn how to be as smooth as the guy selling them. It's definitely kept their attention - all afternoon, in the truck, out at dinner, before bedtime, etc. So maybe it wasn't such a bad purchase after all!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh no! I can't believe you didn't tell us what makes it work. That's going to drive me crazy!

I just read your post where you gave yourself the sorriest blogger award. It cracked me up. Trust me, you're not the sorriest blogger out here and if you figure out how to find more time and a better way to keep up, will you at least tell me THAT secret? LOL

You're doing fine, Bunny Trails. And I so appreciate your visits to my site. Talk about not keeping up. It took me a week to get over here to thank you. You don't want to know how far behind I am. :-)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Thanks, Barb. Sorry I couldn't tell the secret, but I think my kids would've been crushed!

The funny thing is that since I wrote the Sorriest Blogger Award and got some tips from Sprittibee, I seem to be moving forward a bit better. Maybe publicly mocking myself gave me a boost?!??! I suppose there are better ways to motivate myself, though!

BTW - I'm one of those MANY people to whom you sent the wonderful santa star patterns last year. I did get all my supplies and traced the pattern onto most of the fabric. But that's as far as it got. I decided that it would be my head-start for 2007! Once they're done, I'll be sure to post them on my blog (and give you credit, of course!). I also plan to make up a big batch of your wonderful breakfast burritos - hubby would be very happy with that!

Blessings,
Dianne :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...